Did you know?
Aside from learning how to massage sciatica trigger points or using heat or cold for sciatica, there are other things you can do at home to relieve the pain you’re feeling.
One natural way to treat sciatica nerve pain is through yoga, particularly through the reclining pigeon pose for sciatica.
Not familiar with this yoga pose? Learn more about it here!
Reclining Pigeon Pose for Sciatica
So, you’re already using the best orthopedic seat cushion for sciatica and the best shoes for sciatica nerve pain to help alleviate the pain you’re feeling.
But, if you’re looking to further relieve pain, you might want to try yoga!
In particular, the reclining pigeon pose for sciatica helps support your lower back and puts less pressure on your hips.
This pose stretches your glutes and hips as well as the piriformis muscle.
Here’s how to do it:
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your heels in toward your hips.
- Bend your right knee and bring your right ankle to the bottom of your left thigh.
- Stay here if you already feel a deep stretch.
- To go deeper, lift your left foot and draw your left knee in toward your chest.
- Interlace your fingers to hold behind your left thigh or shin.
- Hold for up to 1 minute.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
Just a reminder: Always consult your doctor first before trying any exercise routine.
Disclaimer: The information on this site is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. All information contained on this website is for general information purposes only.